Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Sailor’s Tale: Poem by Adhithya Rajasekaran


The Sailor’s Tale
Poem by Adhithya Rajasekaran

Small was the stream,
And I heard the baby pigeon scream,
The first lesson was flying,
To protect the small bird from dying.

By the side of the pigeon I ride,
Into the universe which the tall trees hide,
Feeling the security of my shadows,
I took my flute to sing in the meadows.

There is still a lot to come,
For I am away from home,
For ill or good, let the wheel turn.

Slowly and steadily, the seasons change,
Pleasantness of the green trees began to wane.
Have I my own sword,
From now, I am responsible to god.
I was in the midst of my swagger,
While the stream became unnoticeably larger,
Lucky was my bait,
More fish came to me as I wait.

There is still lot to come,
I was more happy than I would ever become,
For ill or good, let the wheel turn.

I didn’t see the hawks gazing,
Nobody knows the reason for their chasing.
As dogs, they made their way into my shade,
In return, they promised me for a life-time abode.

My boat was completely filled with fish,
To make more than a million dish.
The happy moments didn’t last,
For the time that ran extremely fast.
There is still lot to come,
God decided to teach me a lesson through his hum,
For ill or good, let the wheel turn.

The fish slowly began to ran out,
Leaving was the thing that the dogs were planning about,
They waited for an early morning clear sky,
They began hawks again and soared up high.

My heart was beating in pain,
And my brain was defeated in feign,
It was calm before storm,
I never expected sea to transform.

I swam across the bitter seas,
And reached the sand engulfed by the bees.
The beekeeper was an old wench,
Who gave me some honey to munch.
She took me to the ranch,
And showed me a tree branch.
A bee was persevering to build the hive at the back,
Every time it failed, and but rose aback.

Willed, I rebuilt the boat.
Determined to get a stable float,
I left to the unknown destination,
Which is out of the human estimation.

There is still lot to come,
For I am always away from the dumb,
For ill or good, let the wheel turn.

Adhithya Rajasekaran

0 comments:

Post a Comment